Laser Hair Removal
Lumenis Splendor X™ is the most comprehensive, FDA approved, laser hair removal system available in today’s market. Since it’s designed for all skin types, the Splendor X™ can treat the broadest range of clients. Splendor X™ removes unwanted hair with unsurpassed efficacy, speed and client comfort, because its revolutionary technology blends two optimal wavelengths in one system: the 755-nm Alexandrite laser and the 1064-nm Nd:YAG laser. German Engineered cooling system attaches to the machine to help keep the skin surface cooled while the hair follicles are destroyed.
4-6 treatments are required for permanent hair reduction results.
Electrolysis is the only FDA approved method for permanent hair removal worldwide. With great precision and years of experience this system is considered to be cost effective and widely used on hair that the laser would not be able to treat; blond, gray, and red hair. The equipment used is exceptionally rapid to perform the treatment quickly with minimal discomfort.
Electrolysis is a way of removing individual hairs from the face or body. Today’s medical electrolysis devices destroy the growth center of the hair with heat energy. A very fine probe is inserted into each individual hair follicle at the surface of the skin. The hair is then removed harmlessly with tweezers.
How to Prepare for Laser Hair Removal & Electrolysis
- No plucking, waxing, depilatory or bleaching creams for a minimum of 4 weeks prior to your first treatment. You must refrain from any plucking, waxing, depilatory or bleaching creams during the Laser and Electrolysis treatments; these methods will interfere with the sessions and may result in requiring more treatments to achieve desired results. Shaving is permitted during both treatments.
- Please remove all make-up, deodorants, and lotions in the treatment area prior to treatment. Ladies: If you are treating your bikini area, please wear white underwear, because the laser is attracted to dark pigment and may discolor the cloth.
- If you are having laser done, please have a consultation a day prior to the procedure. You are to come shaved and prepared for your first procedure. For electrolysis clients, leave the hair long enough to be picked up with a tweezer.
- If you are having laser treatment done, please do not expose the skin that will be treated to any sun for 2-4 weeks prior to, during and after the course of any laser treatment. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen (UVA/UVB and SPF 30 or greater) to the treated area if sun exposure is possible. Electrolysis clients have no contraindication to sun exposure.
- If you’ve started any antibiotics or any other medications that may have side effects of photo-sensitivity, please let the RN/Tech know. You may have to reschedule your appointment for another time, and notify the RN/Tech if there has been any change in your health status.
- For maximum desired results, multiple treatments will be required at regular scheduled intervals. For Laser it varies based on body parts which are 6-8 weeks apart and Electrolysis you are to come in when you see hair regrowth that is long enough to be picked up with a tweezer.
Post Treatment for Laser Hair Removal & Electrolysis
- Post Laser treatment, Erythema/Follicular edema is a normal response to treatment and may be seen for 24-48 hours post-treatment.
- Application of ointment or aloe vera:
- Normal skin care regimens, i.e.; makeup, moisturizers, deodorant, shaving may be resumed 1-2 days post-laser or electrolysis treatment if there is no redness, blistering or crusting present. If present, avoid regimens for one week post treatment.
- Wash treated area gently, with mild soap and water. If the treated area is irritated, the area should not be rubbed with a face cloth or towel. The treated area should be gently patted dry.
- Avoid bathing or washing with hot water or whirlpools for three days post laser hair removal and electrolysis treatments. Use tepid water.
- If the area is blistering, extreme caution should be used when applying or removing makeup. After electrolysis refrain from using makeup due to the open pores 2-4 days post treatment.
- Sun Protection:
- Sun exposure should be avoided throughout the course of treatment during laser hair removal.
- A broad spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or greater should be applied whenever the area may be exposed to the sun. Delayed blistering secondary to sun exposure has been noted up to 72 hours post laser treatment.
- Following laser hair removal and electrolysis treatments, activities, such as swimming, sports and/or strenuous exercises should be avoided for the first 2-3 days.
Post treatment skin care instructions must be followed to prevent any complications. In case of signs of infection (pus, tenderness, fever), contact the office immediately.
Why Choose ESFIRsalon?
At ESFIRsalon, the technician who performs the Laser Hair Removal is a Lic. Registered Nurse. Each client is evaluated and assessed to make sure they are an optimal candidate who will achieve the best results. Electrolysis is a delicate method to attain permanent hair removal results. Our technicians have decades of experience to ensure that each hair is removed with precision and with minimal downtime.
To learn more about what makes ESFIRsalon special, please contact us today to schedule an appointment at our Manhattan location. Call us at 212-685-3300 or Book an Appointment Online